BITE-SIZE APRICOT TURNOVERS
- Active Time : 25 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Serves : 24
- 1/2 8 ounce package Essential Everyday Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Essential Everyday Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg separated
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 fresh apricots pitted and chopped
- 1 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets thawed
In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Fold in apricots with spoon.
Roll out pastry sheets into an 11x14-inch square. Cut each sheet into 12 squares. Beat egg white until light and fluffy.
Working in batches, brush a couple of squares with egg wash around the edges. Place about 1 teaspoon apricot mixture in center of square. Fold pastry over apricot mixture at a diagonal. Crimp edges with a fork. Place turnovers on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops of turnovers with egg wash and sprinkle with additional sugar.
Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.